E INK ANNOUNCES 2011 FINANCIAL REPORT
Company also launches new website, www.einkgroup.com to encompass all E Ink companies
Hsinchu, Taiwan, 22 February, 2012 – E Ink® Holdings (8069.TT), the leader in electronic paper display technologies, announced today the results of the 2011 un-audited financial report. Consolidated revenues for fourth quarter 2011 totaled NT $10.49 billion, a growth of 8 percent over the same period in 2010 and a decrease of 4% as compared to the third quarter of 2011. Profit after-tax totaled NT $1.28 billion and EPS (earnings per share) totaled NT $1.19. In 2011 consolidated sales revenues totaled NT$ 38.43 billion, a growth of 53% as compared to 2010. Profit after-tax totaled NT $6.53 billion and EPS totaled NT$6.05, a growth of 59 percent as compared to 2010.
Speaking of the first quarter of 2012, Scott Liu, the chairman of E Ink, said, "currently we are in the slow season for retail sales of eReaders. Our customers are making inventory adjustments after the holiday season and we will not have significant market visibility until that is completed. We tend to be conservative in our sales estimates during the first quarter. However, in 2012 we expect to strengthen our competitiveness and continue development of both flexible and color ePaper technologies. Additionally, we expect a customer to launch a high-resolution product with touch technology within this year."
As to market development, Liu said, "in addition to the eReader market, we are also actively expanding into the education and business markets. Our customer Ectaco launched the world's first color eTextbook using our Triton display in Russia, the jetBook Color, and we have a joint project with Epson for a high resolution EPD business device. We remain optimistic regarding our FFS panels, as our customers continue to introduce new models of consumer electronic products, including tablet PCs."
As consumers and their use habits become more diversified, more consumers are making purchases of eReaders or Tablets, and increasingly, both. According to the PEW Research in January 2012, between mid-December and early January, the number of owners of each device rose from 10% to 19%. Overall, 29% of adults own at least one of them.
Today E Ink also announced the launch of a new global website, www.einkgroup.com, which provides product, technology and operational information for all of the companies under the E Ink umbrella.
Sriram Peruvemba, chief marketing officer of E Ink Holdings, said: "As our businesses expand and products become diversified, we are keenly aware of the importance of integrating our internal resources globally. This is why we decided to launch einkgroup.com as the portal of E Ink Holdings around the globe. This website provides information of product and technology of E Ink Holdings, in which browsers can easily find the information they need."
Visitors to the site will find a consolidated location to browse the technology, product offerings and company backgrounds for the organizations under the E Ink Holdings umbrella. The site will host the Investor Relations portal for E Ink Holdings, as well as sales and marketing information. In addition to their inclusion in the new website, product line websites, such as www.eink.com and www.hydis.com will continue to host information particular to their technologies and job offerings.
About E Ink Holdings
Founded in 1992 by Taiwan's leading papermaking and printing group YFY (1907.TW), E Ink Holdings Inc. "E Ink" (8069.TW) is the pioneer of TFT and ePaper business in Taiwan. Its corporate philosophy aims to deliver revolutionary products, user experiences, and environmental benefits through advanced technology development. This vision has led to its continuous investments in the field of ePaper display as well as its 2008 acquisition of Hydis Technologies, manufacturer of the world's best wide viewing angle LCDs and its 2009 acquisition of E Ink Corp., the worldwide leader in ePaper. Listed in Taiwan's GreTai Securities Market and the Luxembourg market, E Ink is now the world's largest supplier of displays to the eBook market. For corporate information, please visit www.einkgroup.com; for EPD information, please visit www.eink.com / tw.eink.com; and for FFS information, please visit www.hydis.com.