April 12, 2023 – Billerica, MA - E Ink (8069.TWO), the originator, pioneer, and global commercial leader in ePaper technology today announced it will showcase its comprehensive ePaper solutions at Touch Taiwan 2023 from April 19th to 21st. E Ink’s theme in 2023 is "We Make Surfaces Smart & Green," and the Company will present its ePaper technology as the best display solution for low-carbon smart cities. E Ink will showcase sustainable, innovative technologies and system reference designs that use fewer materials and consume less power. E Ink's ultra-low-power ePaper applications will be demonstrated in various sustainable smart city scenarios. Additionally, the company's full range of color ePaper technology platforms will be unveiled.
"E Ink continues to advance the development of ePaper technology, utilizing varied technology platforms to enhance ePaper color performance and to meet the needs of various smart applications.” said Johnson Lee, CEO of E Ink Holdings, “Although ePaper already has the low-carbon characteristics of no power consumption when there is no screen change, in the face of the global trend towards low-carbon sustainable environment, ePaper technology development still needs to focus on more energy-saving or zero-power consumption and more streamlined zero-component or material low-carbon innovative designs. This will enable ePaper to continue to be the best display solution for smart and sustainable applications such as retail, transportation, logistics, healthcare, office, reading, and writing."
Full range of color ePaper technology platforms debut:
- E Ink Spectra™ 6: Based on the E Ink Spectra technology platform, it enhances color spectrum and advanced color imaging algorithms, providing full-color display with a resolution of 200 PPI and a contrast ratio of 30:1. It is suitable for in-store digital advertising or replacing paper printouts, including POP displays, signage, and posters. Operating temperature range is from 0 to 50 degrees Celsius.
- E Ink Kaleido™ 3 Outdoor: Based on Print Color ePaper technology, it uses RGB color display principles to present warm and colorful display performance on black-and-white ePaper films, providing 4,096 colors, and a display presentation similar to that of color print paper signage. Designed specifically for digital outdoor advertising signage, it is suitable for temperatures ranging from -15°C to 65°C, reducing additional power consumption without the need for expensive high-energy heating or cooling equipment.
- E Ink Kaleido™ 3 color printing electronic paper: It has 4,096 colors and 16 gray levels, with a black-and-white resolution of up to 300 PPI and a color resolution of up to 150 PPI. The page-turning speed is the same as that of black-and-white ePaper, and the operating temperature is between 0°C and 50°C. The color presentation has a warm and soft effect, suitable for displaying rich image information on eReaders and eNotes. Brands such as Bigme, Onyx, Readmoo, and others have launched products in the market.
The sustainable and innovative e-paper technology using fewer materials or consumes less energy
E Ink is committed to developing lower carbon sustainable ePaper technology by reducing power consumption from product design and even developing system reference designs that use fewer parts and materials, combined with cloud services to enhance system and application value.
- Smart electronic paper logistics box: combining ePaper display with logistics boxes to reuse the box, reduce box consumption, and strengthen the efficiency and sustainable value of logistics box usage. The ePaper display device in the logistics box has built-in sensors and wireless communication functions that can be linked to a mobile phone, and the cloud application can record the shipping status throughout the process to provide customers with better and more various services.
- Interactive smart shelf label: the intelligent ePaper shelf label system combines the technology of multiple ecosystem partners, including using the Realtek SoC RTL8762ESL to make the ePaper shelf label more energy-efficient, and combining Formosa Plastics Group's DSSC solar cell module to provide longer-lasting renewable energy for the ePaper shelf label. The ultra-thin pressure sensor from Uneo Inc. is used to monitor changes in the number of goods on the shelf, allowing retailers to adjust product promotions or promotions based on real-time sales status, reducing the workload of inventorying goods and reducing labor costs. This is a new application of Retail 2.0.
- Solar-powered charging cover for eNote: using new flexible solar cell technology, converting all forms of light, both natural outdoor light and ambient indoor light, into clean, endless energy. It is applied to the eNote cover, providing long-last green energy and becoming a net-zero carbon emissions product.
- Battery-free color ePaper badge: using the minimal power generated during wireless transmission to drive the updated color ePaper display, the displayed information on the badge will not disappear even after removing the mobile phone or computer. This achieves a battery-free application and can be combined with cloud applications to measure body temperature of personnel and display health codes, a new application for smart offices in the era of post-pandemic.
- Image compression application for ePaper shelf labels: With the development of color ePaper technology, image compression algorithms via cloud services can reduce data transmission, reduce bandwidth, and memory usage to save costs while speeding up page-turning by 33% and reducing power consumption.
ePaper Display - a healthy display technology that does not harm eyes and no light pollution
Research from the Harvard School of Public Health indicates that ePaper with the E Ink ComfortGaze(TM) front light is three times healthier for the eyes than LCD screens. In addition, E Ink’s ePaper without front light does not emit blue light that damages the eyes.Additionally, ePaper is the world's first display technology certified by the International Dark Sky Association. E Ink is committed to providing environmentally friendly and low-carbon display solutions for smart cities, bringing energy-saving, harmless, and visually healthy products to cities and the public.
At Touch Taiwan 2023, E Ink will showcase its full range of color and low-carbon electronic paper technology and product applications. The company will also invite many ecosystem partners in the smart application fields to jointly exhibit and hold 15 on-site forum speeches during the exhibition, introducing more low-carbon ePaper technology and applications to visitors. The schedule is available on the E Ink website.
During the exhibition, Johnson Lee, CEO of E Ink holdings will give a speech themed "Paperless Innovation · Dancing with Partners" in the international forum on smart display application trends on April 19. He will share the great potential of ePaper technology, which is indispensable in the smart field in sustainable development. Max Chen, the Associate Vice President of IoT Business Unit of E Ink Holdings, will share the experience on ePaper applications in smart healthcare on April 20.
Join E Ink at Touch Taiwan 2023
- Time: 10am-5pm, Apr. 19th – Apr. 21st
- Booth: #M901
- Venue: Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center, Hall 1, 4F