E Ink, the pioneer of ePaper technology, enters the Indian market by partnering with SuperUs to manufacture ePaper devices in India.
March 28, 2023 - Delhi 2023: E Ink (8069.TWO), the originator, pioneer, and global commercial leader in ePaper technology, and SuperUs Systems have partnered to drive localization in India for ePaper devices to expand applications and explore new ways to localize ePaper technology in India.
There is a growing demand for sustainable outdoor displays that minimize recurring energy costs. E Ink's ePaper displays are low power, energy-saving displays with a reflective surface that utilizes the surrounding ambient light, making them ideal for outdoor usage.
E Ink will provide ePaper Display (EPD) panels to SuperUs Systems for developing sustainable ePaper devices and SuperUs Systems will build a connected information ecosystem to localize the technology for India.
SuperUs Systems is making sustainable devices accessible and responding to the ever-increasing need for environmentally-friendly devices in India by investing in its R&D capability and enhancing their manufacturing facility to provide a specialized product line for e-paper devices.
"We are glad to be part of the E Ink ecosystem," says Ali Hussain Cochin, Founder of SuperUs Systems. “We are localizing technology, with a goal to build devices from an Indian context. Every Smart City needs smart devices that can efficiently work on low energy consumption as well. SuperUs Systems is building such devices using E Ink ePaper displays like connected Bus Stops, Hospitals, Retail, Railways and many more. These products help attain sustainability goals in every vertical it serves, thereby leading the country to comply with the global goals of achieving a cleaner environment for our future generations.”
"We are excited to work with SuperUs to bring new E Ink enabled solutions to the India market,” said Vignesh Sanmugam, Director of Sales, E Ink. “Our technology provides the power of digitizing information with a low-power solution that gives cities the ability to meet their sustainability goals.”
E Ink technology is developing energy-efficient Smart City Solutions globally and has pledged to achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2040. E Ink has also been working for several years towards zero carbon emissions to help mitigate the impact of climate change and promote sustainable technologies.
E Ink has also been studying the CO2 effects of displays using paper or LCD versus ePaper displays. Findings have shown significant CO2 savings with the use of E Ink ePaper displays.
- As an example, a financial institution with 125 branches saves 16.5 million A4-sized paper sheets each year when they adopt an eNote using E Ink’s technology, and contributes approximately 1,100 tons of CO2 reduction each year.
- In the past five years, 130 million eReaders have been in use globally, replacing the purchase of paper editions of books. It is estimated that paper books would emit more than 100,000 times the CO2 versus eReaders with an E Ink display and LCD devices would emit more than 50 times the CO2 versus eReaders throughout that time.
- Over the past seven years, 600 million electronic shelf labels (ESLs) of around three inches in size have been installed worldwide. If it is assumed that the price and information is changed four times a day, ePaper tags can reduce CO2 emissions by 32,000 times versus single-use paper price tags.
- Comparing the energy usage of ePaper retail tags versus LCD retail tags over a period of five years, with four updates per day, for every kilowatt hour (KWh) consumed to manufacture the ePaper material a savings of 400 KWh is realized.
- E Ink’s low power ePaper enables solar-powered ePaper signage and bus stops around the world to be net-zero devices, using 100 percent renewable energy.
E Ink and SuperUs Systems are participating in Smart City Expo 2023 in Delhi to showcase a complete Smart City Solution to the World. Smart City Expo, Delhi is on March 27th, 28th, and 29th 2023.
About E Ink
E Ink is the originator, pioneer, and commercial leader in e-paper technology. The company delivers its advanced display products to the world's most influential brands and manufacturers, enabling them to install extremely durable, low-power displays in previously impossible or unimaginable applications and environments.
SuperUs is an Indian Tech OEM building connected Information Systems with innovative technology and smart devices. Their Intelligent Software Ecosystem unifies communication through Commercial-grade devices, SaaS, and, Licensing models.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact - 8655803133
Website - www.superussystems.com